*Last updated February 2018
Can you believe it’s already May?!
Here are 27 scholarships with May deadlines – apply away before the month flies by!
1. Law Offices of Randolph Rice Scholarship – $1,500 – Apply annually by May 1
Applicants must submit a 500-word essay responding to the following question: How do the mainstream and social media impact the trajectory of the life cycle of a given news story?
2. Support Creativity Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply annually by May 1
Draw, paint, animate, design, or film your passion for a specific creative field, and you could win this $1,000 scholarship.
3. Junk Car Medics Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply annually by May 4
Write an essay on your knowledge of recycling to win the Junk Car Medics Scholarship.
4. Against the Grain Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarship – $1,500 – Apply annually by May 7
Showcase your creativity and leadership skills through a video presentation in order to win this scholarship.
5. Appliances Connection Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply by May 15
Are you passionate about your current studies and your future career goals? If so, this is the scholarship for you!
6. Gunvant Bharati Parekh College Scholarship Award – $1,000 – Apply annually by May 15
Complete the application form and essays in order to apply.
7. The Advocates Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply biannually by May 15 & December 11
Write a 300-500 word essay on road safety and laws surrounding it to win.
8. Thomas L. Dickson College Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply annually by May 15
Make a 1-3 minute video that answers the following question: Is getting a law degree still a good investment?
9. Brower Youth Award – $3,000 – Apply annually by May 20 Do you consider yourself as an environmental leader? If so, this is the scholarship for you!
10. Jane Austen Society of North America Essay Contest – $1,000 – Apply annually by May 20
Write an essay on one of Jane Austen’s novels, and you could win this scholarship.
11. B. Davis Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply annually by May 22
To apply for this scholarship you will need to write an essay of less than 1000 words on this topic: Describe the three characteristics of leadership you value most. Discuss why you believe that these traits are so important and how you feel that they are developed in an individual.
12. Scott-McKenna Memorial Scholarship – $2,000 – Apply annually by May 30
This scholarship will be awarded to a student with a career interest in the outdoors. If you’re a Natural Resources, Forestry, Rangeland Ecology, Wildlife Biology, Agriculture, or Photoraphy/Journalism for Wildlife major, you should apply!
13. AED Superstore Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply biannually by May 31 & November 30
Submit a short 500 word essay or 3 minute video on a fact about sudden cardiac arrest and you’ll be entered for a chance to win a $1,000 scholarship from AED superstore!
14. Art and Design Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply annually by May 31
This scholarship is designed to help a student become successful in a career focused on one aspect of art or design. Applicants will be able to submit their entry along with a design, drawing, film, artwork, short story, poem or literally any type of art they are most proud of.
15. College is Power Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply by May 31 & December 31
Fill out an online form and write a 150 word response on your education goals for a chance to win $1,000!
16. Cottage Inn Scholarship – $2,500 – Apply annually by May 31
Write an essay describing what you would do to benefit your local community if you were the owner of a Cottage Inn Franchise (please keep essays around 1,500 words).
17. Dish Network Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply annually by May 31
Write an essay about TV programming for a chance to win this $1,000 scholarship.
18. Electricity Match Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply annually by May 31
Write an essay with no more than 700 words on the following topic: The electricity flowing into our homes is viewed in terms of what it does for us. It is air conditioning, lighting, and the invisible stuff that powers our electronics. How would you encourage energy conservation without consumers viewing it as sacrificing comfort?
19. Fifth Month Scholarship – $1,500 – Apply annually by May 31
Write a letter explaining why the number five is important for a chance at $1,500!
20. Leon Bradley Scholarship – $2,500 – Apply annually by May 31
The Leon Bradley Scholarship is for minority students who want to pursue teaching.
21. PCA Triple Impact Competitor Scholarship Program – $2,000 – Apply annually by May 31
Are you a high school junior playing sports for a team? Then apply to this scholarship!
22. Rentacomputer Cares Scholarship – $2,000 – Apply annually by May 31
The Rentacomputer Cares Scholarship features a scholarship totalling $2,000 that is awarded to students who create an interesting video essay.
23. Reservation Counter General Scholarship – $1,500 – Apply biannually by May 31 & November 1
Reservation Counter is an online hotel accommodation provider that is interested in granting hard working college students a $1,500 scholarship.
24. Robinson & Henry, P.C. Personal Injury Scholarship – $1,500 – Apply annually by May 31
This scholarship can provide some relief if you or a loved one has gone through a personal injury accident.
25. Scholarship Detective Launch Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply by May 31
This $1,000 scholarship is so easy you barely have to do any work at all! Just fill out a basic contact information form and a write a 140 character response to earn serious cash.
26. The Azazie Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply annually by May 31
To win, write 500-800 words on technology and the fashion industry.
27. Triple Impact Competitor Scholarship – $2,000 – Apply annually by May 31
If you’re a “Triple-Impact Competitor,” simply send your essay responses along with recommendations to win this scholarship.