Can you believe it’s already May?!
Here are 27 scholarships with May deadlines – apply away before the month flies by!
1. Law Offices of Randolph Rice Scholarship – $1,500 – Apply annually by May 1
Applicants must submit a 500-word essay responding to the following question: How do the mainstream and social media impact the trajectory of the life cycle of a given news story?
2. StudySoup Semester Scholarship – $2,000 – Apply biannually by May 1 & November 1
This $2,000 scholarship is awarded each semester to outstanding students who exemplify one or more of StudySoup’s core values: Be a Knight, Make an Impact, Succeed Together.
3. Youth Forward Scholarship – $1,500 – Apply Triannually (Next Deadline: May 1)
The company is seeking applicants for three $1500 scholarships rewarding a deserving youth – either enrolled as a High School Sophomore, Junior, or Senior or as a College Freshman – on the topic of volunteerism.
4. Quicken Loans Scholarship Essay Contest – $2,500 – Apply biannually by May 1 & TBD
Write a 700- to 1,200-word article on “Money-saving tips for college students.” Discuss pro tips, interview financial experts, give budgeting advice – the sky’s the limit!
5. Actuarial Diversity Scholarship – $4,000 – Apply annually by May 2
If you are a Black/African American, Hispanic, Native North American or Pacific Islander student pursuing a career in the actuarial profession, the Actuarial Foundation gives you a chance to win up to $4,000.
6. Thomas L. Dickson College Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply annually by May 15
Make a 1-3 minute video that answers the following question: Is getting a law degree still a good investment?
7. B. Davis Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply annually by May 22
To apply for this scholarship you will need to write an essay of less than 1000 words on this topic: Describe the three characteristics of leadership you value most. Discuss why you believe that these traits are so important and how you feel that they are developed in an individual.
8. Road Bike Hub Content Writing Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply annually by May 30
This scholarship is a great opportunity for all the students who have a special interest towards cycling and the related health benefits.
9. AAC’s Behavioral Health Academic Scholarship – Up to $5,000 – Apply annually by May 31
AAC’s Behavioral Health is rewarding up to $5,000 to those who are pursuing careers in behavioral health and write the best essays!
10. Addiction Resource Scholarship – Up to $2,000 – Apply annually by May 31
The AddictionResource Scholarship challenges current and prospective college students to share their story via typed essay on how we can make the world addiction-free.
11. AED Superstore Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply biannually by May 31 & November 30
Submit a short 500 word essay or 3 minute video on a fact about sudden cardiac arrest and you’ll be entered for a chance to win a $1,000 scholarship from AED superstore!
12. College is Power Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply by May 31 & December 31
Fill out an online form and write a 150 word response on your education goals for a chance to win $1,000!
13. Cottage Inn Scholarship – $2,500 – Apply annually by May 31
Write an essay describing what you would do to benefit your local community if you were the owner of a Cottage Inn Franchise (please keep essays around 1,500 words).
14. Dogs by Nina “Show and Tell” Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply biannually May 31 & November 30
Do you have a pet? Do you constantly show everyone how cute your dog, cat, rabbit, turtle, unicorn etc. is? Then this is the scholarship for you!
15. Electricity Match Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply annually by May 31
Write an essay with no more than 700 words on the following topic: The electricity flowing into our homes is viewed in terms of what it does for us. It is air conditioning, lighting, and the invisible stuff that powers our electronics. How would you encourage energy conservation without consumers viewing it as sacrificing comfort?
16. Emily Woodward Scholarship – $2,000 – Apply annually by May 31
Money talks – for this scholarship, you have to talk about money!
17. Fifth Month Scholarship – $1,500 – Apply annually by May 31
Write a letter explaining why the number five is important for a chance at $1,500!
18. Griswold Home Care Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply biannually by May 31 & December 23
Do you care for or have you ever cared for a loved one? Then check out this scholarship!
19. Rentacomputer Cares Scholarship – $2,000 – Apply annually by May 31
The Rentacomputer Cares Scholarship features a scholarship totalling $2,000 that is awarded to students who create an interesting video essay.
20. Reservation Counter General Scholarship – $1,500 – Apply biannually by May 31 & November 1
Reservation Counter is an online hotel accommodation provider that is interested in granting hard working college students a $1,500 scholarship.
21. Scholarship Detective Launch Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply by May 31
This $1,000 scholarship is so easy you barely have to do any work at all! Just fill out a basic contact information form and a write a 140 character response to earn serious cash.
22. Source Supply College Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply annually by May 31
Source Supply believes that those that have the desire and ambition to succeed should. Each year, Source Supply offers a $1000 scholarship to one talented thinker and writer.
23. MigVapor Scholarship – Up to $1,900 – Apply annually by May 31
If you’re passionate about making this a tobacco-free world, then this is the scholarship for you!
24. Art and Design Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply annually by May 31
This scholarship is designed to help a student become successful in a career focused on one aspect of art or design. Applicants will be able to submit their entry along with a design, drawing, film, artwork, short story, poem or literally any type of art they are most proud of.
25. NextToTry Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply annually by May 31
Write an article describing 10 essential gears and gadgets you want to have for your student life. Explain why you need them and how they will impact your life as a student.
26. Robinson & Henry, P.C. Personal Injury Scholarship – $1,500 – Apply annually by May 31
This scholarship can provide some relief if you or a loved one has gone through a personal injury accident.
27. Veryhair Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply annually by May 31
Write a short essay about technology’s effect on fashion for a chance to win $1,000!