In our #ShareTheGoals Scholarship, we got students thinking about the Sustainable Development Goals and how to spread awareness around the idea of helping to make the world a better place.
The first step was awareness and now we’re moving forward. With these goals in mind, it’s time to take action! The TUN Volunteerism Scholarship is a great way to get involved with causes you care about and win scholarship money.
1. Create: a video, infographic, or an essay
Write about a volunteer experience you had with a specific organization. Whether you want to talk about the cause behind it, or the lessons you learned from volunteering, write with the mindset of wanting to inspire others to take action as well.
Haven’t volunteered yet? Apply for a volunteer position and write about the change you hope to make through volunteering!
2. Post: on Youtube, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, or Linkedin
Videos should be posted to Youtube or Facebook. Infographics should be posted to Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter. Essays should be posted to Linkedin or Facebook.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES EXACTLY:
- For Facebook and Twitter submissions (whether video, infographic, or essay): tag us @TUNdiscounts and use the hashtags #GiveBack and #TUNvolunteer at the end of your post. Tag the organization you’re volunteering at (or are planning to volunteer with) as well. Also include a link to this scholarship post in your submission. *** Make sure your Facebook post is set to public, so we can view your entry!!!
- For Youtube submissions: videos should be titled “#GiveBack to the World Scholarship – The University Network – Your Name.” Include a link to this scholarship post in the description box.
- For Pinterest submissions (for infographic): use the hashtags #GiveBack and #TUNvolunteer in your pin description and link your pin to this scholarship post. *** The infographic must detail your ideas.
- For Linkedin submissions: include the link to this scholarship post at the end of your essay.
3. Email: GlobalGoals@TUN.com
Email us the link of the video, infographic or essay at GlobalGoals@TUN.com to be officially entered.
Deadline: December 31, 2020 (Winner announced 1/31/2021)
Applicants must be:
- Current college students or high school seniors, attending school in the United States, or an educator at any level teaching in the United States.
Applicants may not be:
- Children or grandchildren of employees, officers or owners of TUN, Inc.
By applying for a scholarship, applicant grants TUN permission to post their name on TUN.com or in other marketing communications in the event they are awarded the scholarship.
Scholarship recipients will be required to submit a current photo and a publicity release granting TUN permission to use their photo on TUN.com and in other marketing communications.