TUN Scholarship Index
- Ease of Completion
- Scholarship Amount
Global Goals Scholarship Summary
The University Network believes that all students and educators should be aware of the Sustainable Development Goals, and thus have created this scholarship. A total of $10,000 will be awarded to 10 distinct winners – one winner will be chosen each month from October 2017 to July 2018; then in August 2018, one GRAND winner (selected from the pool of monthly winners) will win an additional $5,000.
In September of 2015, the member states of the United Nations agreed upon a 15 year blueprint to tackle the world’s most troubling problems in an effort to end poverty, fight inequality, and reverse climate change.
The University Network believes that all students and educators should be aware of these goals and thus have created this scholarship to help get the word out. Today’s students are the first generation that may be able to end extreme poverty and the last generation that may be able to to reverse climate change.
How To APPLY
1. Create: a video, an infographic, or an essay.
Explain the importance of the Global Goals and how they align with your personal goals.
2. Post: on Youtube, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, or Linkedin.
Videos should be posted to Youtube or Facebook. Infographics should be posted to Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter. Essays should be posted to Linkedin or Facebook.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES EXACTLY:
- For Facebook and Twitter submissions (whether video, infographic, or essay): tag us @TUNdiscounts and use the hashtags #SharetheGoals and #TUNscholarship at the end of your post. Also include a link to this scholarship post in your submission. *** Make sure your Facebook post is set to public, so we can view your entry!!!
- For Youtube submissions: videos should be titled “#ShareTheGoals Scholarship – The University Network – Your Name.” Include a link to this scholarship post in the description box.
- For Pinterest submissions (for infographic): use the hashtags #SharetheGoals and #TUNscholarship in your pin description and link your pin to this scholarship post. *** The infographic must detail your ideas.
- For Linkedin submissions: include the link to this scholarship post at the end of your essay.
3. Email: GlobalGoals@TUN.com.
Email us the link of the video, infographic or essay at GlobalGoals@TUN.com to be officially entered.
The Global Goals
There are 17 Sustainable Development Goals, summarized as follows:
- No Poverty – End poverty in all its forms everywhere.
- Zero Hunger – End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
- Good Health and Well-being – Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
- Quality Education – Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- Gender Equality – Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
- Clean Water and Sanitation – Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
- Affordable and Clean Energy – Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and clean energy for all.
- Decent Work and Economic Growth – Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure – Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
- Reduced Inequalities – Reduce inequality within and among countries.
- Sustainable Cities and Communities – Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
- Responsible Consumption and Production – Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Climate Action – Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
- Life Below Water – Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
- Life on Land – Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.
- Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions – Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
- Partnerships for the Goals – Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
Applicants must be:
- Current college students or high school seniors, attending school in the United States, or an educator at any level teaching in the United States.
Applicants may not be:
- Children or grandchildren of employees, officers or owners of TUN, Inc.
- By applying for a scholarship, applicant grants TUN permission to post their name on TUN.com or in other marketing communications in the event they are awarded the scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients will be required to submit a current photo and a publicity release granting TUN permission to use their photo on TUN.com and in other marketing communications.
First Place – $5,000 – One winner – awarded on August 15, 2018 – the winner will be picked from the pool of monthly winners.
Second Place – $500 – 10 winners – awarded each month from October 2017 through July 2018.
Learn more about the Sustainable Development Goals and what it means for college students here.