Based on an understanding of architectural styles, you will review architectures for web applications, then explore the basics of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) in two approaches: Web Services (WS*) and Representational State Transfer (REST) architecture.
In the Capstone Project you will connect a Java-based Android application with Elasticsearch, a web service with a REST application programmer interface (API).
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Describe SOA (Service-Oriented Architecture) to structure web-based systems.
• Explain WS* services (i.e., SOAP over HTTP, WSDL, UDDI, BPEL).
• Apply REST architecture (i.e., JSON over HTTP, URI).
• Identify REST design principles.
• Create a system using REST interfaces.
• Apply microservice architecture.
Price: Enroll For Free!
Service-Oriented Architecture – University of Alberta