TUN Scholarship Index
- Ease of Completion
- Scholarship Amount
Zipcar and Ford have teamed up to offer student organizations who are fueling change on and off campus up to $25,000 in prizes.
About Zipcar + Ford
Ford Motor Company and Zipcar announced a strategic alliance in August 2011, establishing Ford as Zipcar’s largest college and university vehicle supplier. The first-of-its-kind partnership introduces a new generation of drivers to Ford vehicles with the highly fuel-efficient Focus and Escape now part of Zipcar’s existing fleet of environmentally friendly, reliable and fun vehicles.
The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are (a) at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of date of entry who have a valid driver’s license as of date of entry and (b) current, full-time students at a university or college who are members of the designated student organization. For more information on eligibility, visit the official rules.
How to apply
1. Gather your student organization (student government, volleyball club, mariachi band – the sky’s the limit) and complete the entry form on zipcar.com/swd.
a) Entry includes a one- to two-minute showing how your group is driving positive change and going further on and off campus.
2. Zipcar + Ford will select 15 finalists to compete for the grand prize
a) Finalists are selected based on the following:
1) Demonstrating a clear need in your community and providing a recommendation on how your student organization will address this need with the help of Ford and Zipcar (50%)
2) Persuasiveness and effectiveness of statement and video (35%);
3) Creativity and originality of statement and video (15%);
3. Finalist’s will then create a video showing what their group does and how Zipcar + Ford can help them go further.
4. Videos will be hosted for voting in the Spring.
- Ranking among the fifteen (15) Finalists for total number of votes (25%)
- Ranking among the fifteen (15) Finalists for total number of video views (25%)
- Ranking among the fifteen (15) Finalists for total number of shares from dedicated Website (15%)
- Judging by Sponsors based on a ranking of 1-15 (35%)
Deadline: October 15, 2017
Amount: $5,000 in Ford Zipcar credit, $10,000 cash to student organization, $10,000 to school’s scholarship fund
When not surfing the big waves, or training for the Iron Man, Scholarship Guru searches the web for the best scholarships and new insights into Nietzsche’s philosophy.