Starting a business is not easy, but it’s not impossible!
Do you have a vision that you’re passionate about, or an idea that you’ve kept dormant for years despite it coming back to you year after year? Why not create a business around it? It’s time to conquer your fear and expand your dreams!
Here are courses you can take to make that vision or idea into a reality.
This course explores how anyone can be a successful startup entrepreneur or corporate innovator by thoughtfully examining themselves and the business opportunity. By harnessing these insights and cultivating an entrepreneurial spirit, you can create and transform an entrepreneurial idea into a new startup company or corporate venture.
This course provides practical proven tools for transforming an idea into a product or service that creates value for others. As students acquire these tools, they learn how to tell bad ideas from good, how to build a winning strategy, how to shape a unique value proposition, prepare a business plan, compare their innovation to existing solutions, build flexibility into their plan and determine when best to quit.
This course is the first in a series on starting a business. To create a successful business it is not only about what you do (technical execution), it is also about how you think. This course provides learners with insights to re-frame their thinking in order to maximize their chances for success.
At the end of this course a learner:
1) will be able to argue effectively against all of the reasons for not starting their business (or reaching some goal);
2) will be able to operate effectively within the new framework or model for starting a business (or any new endeavor), thus increasing their chances for success; and
3) will be able to make the initial business startup decisions of what type of business to start, and what type of business owner to be.
Starting a new business begins with an idea that needs to evolve through experimentation, iteration and interactions with people. This course is for existing and potential entrepreneurs who are looking for guidance and support to make their great idea a reality. In addition to reviewing the basic principles of entrepreneurship, this course guides you through the process of actively validating your idea in the market. We encourage you to identify and communicate good opportunities and to create and capture value from these opportunities. By working through the course and completing the activities you’ll learn how to get feedback that systematically tests different parts of your business idea. You will learn how to do this through interacting with potential customers, suppliers, partners and investors outside the course. Along the way, you will also become more confident in pitching your idea. By the end of the course you should have a validated business idea that you can start right away.
- Planning: Principled, Proposing, Proofing, and Practicing to a Success Plan
- Entrepreneurial Operations: Launching a Startup
- Capstone Launch Your Own Business!
- Finance for Startups
- How to Finance and Grow Your Startup Without VC