TUN Scholarship Index
- Ease of Completion
- Scholarship Amount
TMCF offers four types of unique, merit-based and need-based scholarships to students attending TMCF member-schools. Occasionally, they offer scholarships to students not attending one of their member-schools.
Thurgood Marshall College Fund is the nation’s largest organization exclusively representing the Black College Community. TMCF awards nearly 500 scholarships a year to high-achieving students, with the average award being $3,100 per student per semester. Most scholarships are one year, non-renewable unless otherwise indicated.
- Gap Completion Scholarship
Designed to provide funding to close the financial gap for students that have an urgent financial need. A graduating senior at risk of not obtaining his or her degree due to outstanding fees receives first consideration for this scholarship.
- Access Scholarship
Covers tuition, fees and on-campus room and board for all classifications of students giving them access to a college education.
- Programmatic Scholarship
Covers tuition, fees and on-campus room and board for all classifications of students giving them access to a college education, as well as support services aimed at strengthening their leadership and professional development (i.e. student mentor).
- Supplemental Needs Scholarship
Assists students with the high cost of textbooks, study materials, technology and other fees.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Attend one of the 47 TMCF member-schools (unless otherwise stated on the application)
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and service experience
- Be recommended by a faculty or staff member of your current school
Applications must have all of the following components in order to be considered complete:
- Online Application
- Essay (Minimum 500 Words)
- Student Aid Report (FAFSA)
- Most Recent Transcript (Unofficial Accepted)
- Recommendation Letter (Official Signature Required)
Contact: Dr. Marla Ashe / Director of Scholarships at email@example.com