TUN Scholarship Index
- Ease of Completion
- Scholarship Amount
The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance is proud to award $4,000 to one student each semester whose life has been impacted by cancer.
This is an biannual scholarship. Bookmark this page and check back each year!
If you have a cancer story that you would like to share and possibly win $4,000, then apply to this scholarship.
- Those who have battled cancer at any point in their lives (not limited to mesothelioma) or those who have a parent, sibling, immediate family member or a close friend that has battled or is currently fighting cancer may apply.
- Applicant must be a full-time student at an accredited two-year or four-year university, community college or junior college, or a graduate degree program.
- The scholarship is offered to all U.S Citizens.
- Applicant must have academic “good standing” and a minimum 3.0 GPA.
How to Apply:
- Submit a 500-1,500 word essay or a 5-minute video answering the following questions:
- How has cancer affected your life?
- How did you overcome this strong adversity?
- How has cancer affected outlook on your life and personal or career goals?
- How did this adversity shape who you are today?
- What would this scholarship mean to you? Why is it important?
- Fill out the online application.
- Submit am unofficial Academic Transcript.
- Submit proof of enrollment. This could be an official letter verifying your enrollment or your class schedule for the current semester.
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation detailing why you should receive the scholarship.
- Include any information about any honors you have received as well as any volunteer work. Please summarize in 1–2 sentences for each.
Spring: December 1st
Fall: March 31st
Even if you don’t personally have a cancer story to share, spread the word. This scholarship could help someone who really needs it!
SEE ALSO: The Complete Guide to Scholarship Hacks