We all know it — mainstream news sucks!
It is full of negative, depressing and biased stories. This is why we at The University Network cover all of the positive developments happening on college campuses in technology, sustainability, advocacy and more. But . . . we are here for you! So, we need to know what other news you want to read about that either isn’t covered or is poorly covered by the mainstream sources.
A total of 5,555 dollars will be awarded to 1 winner. Those who submit an essay may also earn a chance to be a featured writer for The University Network (TUN).
How to apply:
You can also find us on Google News.
2. Create a brief essay, video or infographic that tells us:
- Why you avoid mainstream news, and
- What you would like to see TUN cover and why.
3. Email NewsScholarship@tun.com with your submission and share it on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest or Youtube. We will post the content of the winner(s) on our social media sites.
For Pinterest submissions (for infographic), use the hashtags #MainstreamNewsSucks and #TUNscholarship in your pin description and link your pin to this scholarship post. *** The infographic must detail your ideas.***
Applicants must be:
- Current college students or high school seniors
Applicants may not be:
- Children or grandchildren of employees, officers, directors or owners of TUN, Inc.
Deadlines: You can apply up to two times during the 2018-19 school year, as follows:
- you can apply once before December 31, 2018 (11:59 pm EST) for the Fall Semester, and
- you can apply again before June 15, 2019 (11:59 pm EST) for the Spring Semester.
We encourage you to apply twice!
When not surfing the big waves, or training for the Iron Man, Scholarship Guru searches the web for the best scholarships and new insights into Nietzsche’s philosophy.