TUN Scholarship Index
- Ease of Completion
- Scholarship Amount
The Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship is offering one student $1,000 for filling out a form and answering a short (250 words or less) essay question!
Here’s a super simple scholarship contest, a super easy way to earn $1,000! Simply fill out a form and write a short essay for a chance to win $1,000! You can even use an old essay you already wrote for class!
- Must be in the 9th-12th grade in high school or college or graduate students.
- Must be a legal resident of the US.
- Must be currently in school or planning to start school within the next 12 months.
How to Apply:
- Fill out a short form with basic contact information here.
- Write a 250 word or less essay answering one of the following questions:
- Why do you deserve to win this scholarship?
- Describe your academic or career goals.
- Any topic of your choice.
- You may re-use an essay you wrote in class, for college admission, or another scholarship competition.
- Because this is a short essay, it is crucial to make every word count. Delete unnecessary words such as “very” – they take up space you could be using to explain yourself better!
- Make your essay concise, clear, and understandable. Add some personality and flare, but follow grammar and style rules closely.
- If you already wrote a great essay for school, use it and save yourself even more work!
- Have someone else read through your work before turning it in.
- Make sure you answer either of the two prompts completely, or, if you decide to write about your own topic, make sure that it is appropriate.
Deadlines: December 31 & July 31
SEE ALSO: The Complete Guide to Scholarship Hacks