TUN Scholarship Index
- Ease of Completion
- Scholarship Amount
Choosewhat.com would like to reward students that choose to take the unconventional path of self-employment and encourage more to follow in their footsteps.
This is a biannual scholarship. Bookmark this page and check back each year!
If you’re a student who’s self employed then this scholarship could really help you!
- Any undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a degree program at any accredited American College, University or Trade School with self employment experience may apply. For purposes of this scholarship, self employment experience simply means that you or a business you started were paid directly for your work. Check out their examples of self employment on the scholarship website.
How to Apply:
- Write a 750 to 1,500 word essay describing how your experience working for yourself as either a contractor or small business owner has impacted your view of education and your future.
- Submit your essay as a Microsoft Word attachment to email@example.com. Use the subject line “ChooseWhat Scholarship Application.” Do not put the essay directly in the email – only attached essays will be accepted. In the email, include the following information:
- Your full name
- Name of school
- Anticipated Major
- Expected Graduation Date
- Type and dates of self employment (eg: Lawn maintenance, May 2012- September 2012)
- Fall applications are accepted from April 2nd through November 1st. The winner will be announced November 15th.
- Spring applications are accepted from November 2nd through April 1st. The winner will be announced April 15th.
Good Luck to all those self-starters!
SEE ALSO: The Complete Guide to Scholarship Hacks