TUN Scholarship Index
- Ease of Completion
- Scholarship Amount
Write a two-page essay for a chance to win $500. This is a biannual scholarship so keep both deadlines in mind!
This is an biannual scholarship. Bookmark this page and check back each year!
Are you committed to bettering your community and the world? If so, this is the scholarship for you!
- You must be currently enrolled in a high school (public, private or home school), technical school or college in the United States.
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (or equivalent score on other grading scales).
- You should show an expressed interest in horticulture, plant breeding, landscape design, or related field.
How to Apply:
- Write a two-page essay describing your experience of a past service project, or outlining a potentially new service project. Make sure to follow these guidelines:
- Examples include service projects like landscaping a public building, donating time to an animal shelter or contributing your efforts to a local charity.
- Projects do not have to be related to the horticulture, landscaping or plant breeding fields, but extra consideration will be applied to those that do.
- Essays could be written from personal experiences on past projects, or you can design a new service project that makes a difference in the lives of others.
- Submit a letter of recommendation – written by a teacher, principal or employer.
- Make sure to include your photo – to be published on our website if you are selected.
- Submit your application through their website.
Deadline: July 20 & December 20
Thoughtfulness and innovation count, so make sure to show your creativity! Good Luck!
SEE ALSO: The Complete Guide to Scholarship Hacks