TUN Scholarship Index
- Ease of Completion
- Scholarship Amount
Asbestos.com awards $5,000 in scholarships to students who bring awareness to asbestos-related cancers.
This is an annual scholarship. Bookmark this page and check back each year!
Bring awareness to the disease, mesothelioma, which can be caused by asbestos.
- Any undergraduate and graduate students may apply.
- Must be 18 years and older.
- Must be enrolled full-time in U.S. institution.
How to Apply:
- Write a an essay between 750-1,500 words on the following topic: Asbestos is a toxic mineral that causes mesothelioma, an often terminal cancer affecting more than 3,000 Americans annually. The topic you choose should bring light to the issues surrounding mesothelioma and help raise awareness about the disease, research, promising clinical trials, survivors and caregivers.
- Submit your essay and two letters of recommendation through their online application.
1st place – $3,000
2nd place – $2,000
Make sure you research the topic and write a convincing essay!
SEE ALSO: The Complete Guide to Scholarship Hacks