This is an annual scholarship. Bookmark this page and check back each year!
The AddictionResource.com Scholarship Essay Contest is open to undergraduate and graduate students who are 18 years old or older. Applicants must be accepted to, or currently enrolled in a college or university located within the United States or in the District of Columbia. Only one (1) submission per student is allowed.
How to Apply:
- Read the Rules and Regulations.
- Download, print and fill in a Scholarship Contest Application Form.
- Email your essay (see below) as well as a scanned copy of your completed application form to email@example.com.
Applicants must submit a typed essay (1,000–1,500 words) answering the following questions:
- Why do you see drug abuse and addiction as a problem for individuals and society?
- What is the best way for society to overcome the issue of drug abuse, and why?
- What would an addiction-free world look like, and how would it differ from the world today?
- What message do you have for current addicts?
The essay must include the word count and be signed with a full name (both first and last name), along with the applicant’s email address, phone number, and permanent address. The winning applicants will be determined based on the essay content, style and originality. Judges are looking for logically organized and well-supported essays.
First Place: $2,000
Second Place: $700
Third Place: $300
The scholarship awards may only be used to pay for college tuition and/or education-related expenses.
SEE ALSO: The Complete Guide to Scholarship Hacks