This is an annual scholarship. Bookmark this page and check back each year!
You don’t have to be a law student to apply for this essay!
- Must be currently attending or planning on attending an accredited United States college or university during the fall 2017 semester.
How to Apply:
- Write a 500 word essay answering the following question:
Courts in the United States have little power to change the terms of a valid will, even if some of its terms seem unfair to people who would normally expect to inherit assets. Do you think that it should be legal to disinherit your spouse or children, and should courts be able to change the terms of a will that they decide is unfair? Why or why not?
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make sure to include the following in your email:
- Full name, address, and phone number
- The name of the institution you plan to attend in the fall of 2017
- Your major or other programs of study
- If you’re under 18, contact information for your parents or other legal guardians
Deadline: April 26
Don’t leave this essay for the last minute. Start working on it as soon as possible!
SEE ALSO: The Complete Guide to Scholarship Hacks