TUN Scholarship Index
- Ease of Completion
- Scholarship Amount
The American Chemical Society awards scholarships to underrepresented minority students who want to enter the fields of chemistry or chemistry-related fields. Awards of up to $5,000 are given to qualified students.
This is an annual scholarship. Bookmark this page and check back each year!
Thanks to the American Chemical Society, African American, Native American, and Hispanic/Latino students planning to pursue full-time study in a chemically-related field with outstanding academic records and a desire to pursue a career in the chemical sciences can apply for an ACS Scholars Award. Transcripts, standardized test scores, two recommendation letters and a copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) are required.
The Selection Committee reviews all applications to determine the best overall applicants. The highest-rated students are selected as scholarship recipients. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic record, career objective, financial need, leadership ability, participation in school activities, and community service.
To be considered for a scholarship through the ACS Scholars Program, candidates must:
- Be African-American, Hispanic/Latino, or American Indian
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- Be a full-time student at a high school or accredited college, university, or community college
- Demonstrate high academic achievement in chemistry or science (Grade Point Average 3.0, “B” or better)
- Demonstrate financial need according to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA) and the Student Aid Report (SAR) form
- Be a graduating high school senior or college freshman, sophomore or junior intending to or already majoring in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering or a chemically-related science OR intending to or already pursuing a degree in chemical technology
- Be planning a career in the chemical sciences.
*Please note that students intending to enter Pre-Med programs or pursuing a degree in Pharmacy are not eligible for this scholarship.
How to Apply
There are different application forms for high school students and college students. Apply directly on their website (click the green button below)!
- $2,500 for freshmen
- $3,000 for sophomores
- $5,000 for juniors and seniors
SEE ALSO: The Complete Guide to Scholarship Hacks