As an added bonus, you have another chance to earn a $1,000 scholarship by recommending this scholarship your friends after you apply. If your friend includes your name in their application and wins, you also get a $1,000. There is no limit – invite as many friends as you wish!
How To Apply:
1. Complete the Scholarship Survey Questions.
2. Answer two (2) short-answer questions:
a) Visit NitroCollege.com, read an article or two and then tell us something you learned that you didn’t know before about paying for college. Be sure to mention the URL of the page where you learned this. (50 to 250 words)
b) What advice would you give to a parent of a high school freshman on how to make paying for college easier and more affordable? (50 to 250 words)
3. Complete the social component of the application:
a) Choose a platform (Twitter, Facebook or Instagram) and then follow and/or like @NitroCollege on your chosen platform.
b) Post a photo or tweet telling the world how Nitro helps you pay for college using the hashtag #NitroParent.
4. If applicable, enter who referred the scholarship to you (or refer your friends and family) for a chance to win extra scholarship money!
- The Nitro Parent Scholarship is open to all legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who have a child who is enrolling in an accredited college or university for the first time (will be a freshman) in the upcoming (2017-2018) school year.
- NOTE: The check for the scholarship winner will be sent directly to the college or university.
- Quality of submission (25%)
- Completeness of submission (25%)
- Creativity of ideas in short essay response (25%)
- Creativity of social media element (25%)
- July 31