TUN Scholarship Index
- Ease of Completion
- Scholarship Amount
Kia will reward students who embody the spirit of “Give It Everything,” and help them pursue their academic dreams.
Applicants to The Great Unknowns Scholarship must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a high school senior or graduate, or a current postsecondary undergraduate.
- Be age 24 and under, as of the March 13, 2019, application deadline.
- Reside in the United States as a legal citizen.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school in the United States for the entire upcoming 2019-20 academic year.
Selection Criteria for Finalists and Recipients
Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Academic performance.
- Demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities.
- Financial need. Financial need, as calculated by Scholarship America, must be demonstrated for the student to be considered for an award.
- Applicant Essay – “How I Give it Everything.” We want to know how you embody the spirit of Give it Everything in your life.
- A letter of recommendation from a person of standing within the community; for example, a pastor, employer, mayor, police officer, teacher, or other. The letter should address how the applicant embodies the spirit of Give it Everything as they pursue their goals.
From all submitted applications, Scholarship America will select 100 finalists based upon the first four criteria listed above; academic performance, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, and financial need.
From the 100 finalists, KMA will select 16 recipients based upon all selection criteria listed above.
As part of your application, you must upload the following documents:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, and grades, credit hours for each course, and term in which each course was taken.
- A letter of recommendation from a person of standing within the community; for example, a pastor, employer, mayor, police officer, teacher, or other.
If you are selected as a recipient you will be required to submit the following in order to receive your award:
- Signed Code of Conduct Agreement
- Up to two minute video explaining how you “Give it Everything” and how the award will impact your future.
Your application is not complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically.
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $5,000 award. Up to sixteen (16) awards will be granted.
Awards may be renewed for up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance in a full-time course of study and adherence to a code of conduct that recipients will be asked to sign.
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Your application must be submitted by 3:00 p.m. Central Time on March 13, 2019.
All applicants will be notified on or after May 20, 2019.
Payment of Scholarships
Scholarship America processes scholarship payments on behalf of KMA. Payments are made in equal installments in August and December.