TUN Scholarship Index
- Ease of Completion
- Scholarship Amount
Write a short essay on one of the essay prompts provided for a chance to win up to $1,500.
Do you have strong opinions on brands and marketing? Here’s your chance to express those opinions for a chance to win up to $1,500!
- Must be enrolled in (or accepted to) a full-time undergraduate program at an accredited U.S. university.
- Must be legal U.S. residents aged 18 or older at the time of application.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
How to Apply:
- In a 400-600-word essay, write a response to one of the following essay prompts:
- Describe your favorite use of promotional products by a company or organization. What was the product? Why was it a positive addition to the brand’s marketing campaign? Explain how it was integrated with other marketing pieces and how it affected your relationship with the brand.(Example: You received your favorite bag while volunteering in your community or you saw a “street team” promoting a new beverage with samples and water bottles.)
- Describe a community branding event done well. What organization or brand hosted the event? What was the objective? How were promotional products incorporated? Was the objective met? If so, what helped make the event a success? If not, could the brand improve the event next time?
- Give an example of a product launch (or new brand launch) done well. What brand/product was it? Who was the target audience and how did the brand attempt to reach that audience to make a lasting impression? What marketing materials (ads, promotional products, etc.) were used in the campaign?
- Fill out their online form. Upload your essay, transcript, and a letter of recommendation with the online form
- Name and save your files in the following format:
- LastName_FirstName _LetterRec.pdf
- LastName_FirstName _Transcript.pdf
Deadline: November 1
1st place- $1,500
2nd place – $1,000
3rd place – $500
Grammatical errors aren’t tolerated in this contest so make sure you proofread your essay multiple times!
*BONUS: For a chance to have your writing featured on our site, send this essay (the same one you submit for the scholarship) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: “Brands & Marketing – Student Perspective” + in the body of the email, include your name, school, and major, as well as any of your social media profiles.